Why is The Cambridge Machine Pushing the Central / Kendall Area of Cambridge, MA, USA?
The first thing to realize when dealing with The Machine is that you should not accept their stated goals at face value.
The Machine has a bad record of stringing people along and achieving things strikingly different from what they claim to stand for, while preventing constructive action.
The Machine is a company union. There appear to be two neighborhoods particularly concerned with the Central / Kendall developments. By The Machine “organizing” those neighborhoods, The Machine is putting itself into a position where The Machine can prevent constructive action by those neighborhoods while fooling good people into thinking that The Machine is on their side, and possibly fooling good people into doing bad things.
Additional parts of the con, as usual, include many things that The Machine is telling good people to ignore, and bad achievements if they can sneak the bad achievements in.
Without going into details, these include:
1. Maintaining and expanding the outrages on the Charles River.
2. Maintaining and expanding the outrages at Alewife.
3. Massive and bizarre tree destruction on the Cambridge Common and Flagstaff Park.
4. Destruction of grass at Danehy Park and replacement with plastic.
5. Maintaining and expanding the outrages at Fresh Pond.
6. Environmental destruction associated with highway proposals for the Grand Junction.
7. Environmental destruction associated with highway proposals for the Charles River.
8. Reelecting a unanimously bad Cambridge City Council.
9. Fooling people into thinking that the City of Cambridge and its friends, including but not limited to the Department of Conservation and Recreation, are responsible entities worthy of respect.
10. Fooling people into thinking that The Machine and its constantly varying front organizations are worthy of respect.
Questions or additions, please contact me at email@example.com or by private facebook communication.