Thursday, July 01, 2010

Photos of Tree Destruction

Bob La Trémouille reports:

Phil Barber has sent me two emails and photo attachments. The following are the emails. Below are the photos.

Phil Barber Reports:

Report 1, 6/30/10, 7:54 pm

Hi Bob, I hope this finds you well.

I was dismayed to see this evening that the arboricides have struck again. You’ve probably seen this already (I haven’t been down to the river much of late) but they’ve cut down a number of mature oaks, maples, and others near the footbridge over Mem Drive at Magazine Beach on both sides. Another upsetting and unnecessary loss!

Take care,
Phil

Report 2, 7/1/10, 10:01 am

Hi Bob, here's some shots I took yesterday of the denuded wide-open spaces, etc. These best show what was taken, I'd say at least half a dozen big trees and some smaller ones

Phil