I have previously reported the “tree protections” con game from the Cambridge City Council, at https://charlesriverwhitegeeseblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/charles-river-tree-destroyers-defend.html.
I talk to a lot of people on environmental issues. One excellent discussion with a pro environment property owner resulted in the follow letter to the Cambridge City Council and City Manager.
I will not quote the amazed comments from the individual.
This letter does a good job of communicating what I think he was thinking. Since this is my subjective analysis, it in no way should ascribed to anybody but me.
It was delivered to the Cambridge City Manager on March 7, 2019, and to the City Clerk for delivery at the City Council’s next meeting.
* * * * *
RE: New “tree protections” in their very nasty and very real context.
Gentlemen / Ladies:
As usual, I have been talking with people concerning the massive tree destruction supported by nine city councilors at Magazine Beach.
The blatantly fake protections just passed simply do not fly with normal human beings.
The idea that
1. The City Council can yell at private citizens for limited destruction of significant trees and
2. At the same time partner in the project at Magazine Beach with massive destruction of significant trees,
a. Paying for selected parts of the project including heartless animal abuse and
b. NOT WANTING TO KNOW WHAT IS ACTUALLY going on
i. either by the money of the Cambridge City Council or
ii. by the money of he Department of Conservation and Recreation.
I get the impression from the presiding officer of the Cambridge City Council’s outrageous “lie” claim that the City Council considers segregation of funds on the Magazine Beach project to free nine city councilors from the responsibility for outrages PLANNED AND ONGOING as part of the PARTNERED PROJECT at Magazine Beach.
This bizarre claim of the presiding officer of the Cambridge City Council rather clearly states that
1. Nine destructive city councilors are turned into saints at Magazine Beach by having the MASSIVE TREE DESTRUCTION apparently be paid for by careful segregation of funds
2. EVEN THOUGH THE CITY COUNCIL HAS REPEATEDLY RECEIVED THE PLANS FILED WITH THE CONSERVATION COMMISSION, WITH PHOTOS MATCHED TO DOOMED EXCELLENT TREES,
3. And praises the plans and
4. Helps the most destructive plans by paying funding games:
a. Paying for “only” the more subtle heartless animal abuse parts;
b. And frees up money which would otherwise be used for the more subtle heartless animal abuse to be used on the more visible and massive tree destruction.
This bizarre position is very much not credible. It clearly communicates that
1. The City Council’s is yelling at the public for VERY LIMITED destruction of significant trees
2. While the City Council is part of this outrageous destruction of LARGE NUMBERS of significant trees,
and loudly claiming that the Cambridge City Council is a meaningful protector of trees is nothing but blatant hypocrisy.
The filed plans the City Council has repeatedly received AND DOES NOT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT are posted at http://focrwg.com/agenda1.html. The City Council supports and praise the entire project. The City Council releases money for the more blatantly irresponsible parts by limiting its funds solely to more subtle heartless animal abuse.
PLAYING GAMES WITH MONEY DOES NOT TURN THE HIGHLY IRRESPONSIBLE CAMBRIDGE CITY COUNCIL INTO A RESPONSIBLE ENTITY.
The best single two words that can be used are “blatant hypocrisy.” And that is clear to voters.
People are simply not so stupid to think to think that it is meaningful for nine city councilors to indulge is such blatantly hypocritical, destructive behavior and have any basis for calling themselves environmental saints.
People are not so stupid as to consider the distinction honest, nor are nine members of the Cambridge City Council.
To put it more succinctly, the important distinction is between
1. One tree being destroyed by one property owner about which the City Council claims massive concern;
2. And 56 mostly excellent, truly SIGNIFICANT trees being destroyed by the DCR and Cambridge City Council with funding games and blatant hypocrisy.
Massive scale and massive hypocrisy.